Crazy Weekend!
Okay so I don't think I've slept so little as many days in a row since I was in college. On Wednesday we had our Toddler Suite Thanksgiving Feast, which went very well. The teachers and I did a lot of cooking with the kids--we made turkey breast, stuffing, vegetables, and pies and invited the parents for lunch. I was in charge of the apple pie, and took lots of pictures of the kids working on it and made up a little recipe book that I put out with the pie. I got a laminator this past weekend for my birthday (I know, it's weird, but it really is what I wanted) and have been playing with that all week. I had a good Thanksgiving at one of my mom's friend's houses, and got to see some family friends I haven't seen in a while. I was up late Thursday night trying to make my hideously messy room presentable for company, because Friday I had my 5 year high school reunion and my roommate Casey and I had a pre-party here. A lot of people came and it was fun to see friends who live out of town now. I keep pretty well in touch with most of my high school friends, and see a lot of them frequently, but there were some surprises. My friend Sara was unexpectedly in town from Mozambique (she's in the peace corps) so it was great to see her a year earlier than I thought I would! My friend Rachel is engaged to her college boyfriend and my friend Leah is married and pregnant, due in March. Yesterday I got to see Chris' baby girl, Kalyn, whose almost 6 months now and very cute. Anyways, the reunion was at a bar in DC and was very fun and very weird. It was weird to see all these faces I hadn't seen since high school, and I talked to a few people but mostly stuck with my group of friends. I ended up hanging out with my friend Jenny's cousin's friend, Matt, who was visiting from London (gotta love that accent...) so that was cool. (yes please feel free to read between the lines there...) Anyways, I ended up with a group of people at Jenny's (which is in Great Falls the middle of nowhere) but Jenny herself did not show up there and we ended up having to wake up her housekeeper to get in the house and then left me with a challenge to get home the next morning. Stayed up late again last night, we ended up back at Jenny's spending time with some more high school friends and watching Mean Girls but luckily I got to sleep in pretty late today and hopefully catch up on all the sleep I missed the rest of the week. Now I've got to prepare myself for going back to work tomorrow (sigh) and probably do some laundry and fun stuff like that. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Love you!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home