Saturday, January 22, 2005

Let it Snow!

Hello again Beatty Family! I hope everyone is doing well! Rob thanks for the great update on your trip--it sounds like it was fantastic and I'm so jealous! One day I will travel! (Hopefully!) The only travelling I've done lately is on Thursday my mom and I took the train up to NYC so I could hand in my application and write my program essay. At this point I'm done with everything I can do, until they decide they're interested and want to interview me. My application and autobiography are in, my transcript has been requested, my letters of reference are passed on and hopefully will be in soon. It's nice to be done, but also hard because now it's out of my hands and all I can do is wait. While we were in NY, my mom and I had lunch with my cousin Amanda, who is working at a child care center in ny, finishing up her masters at Bank Street, and thinking about applying to some phd programs around the country. One of the ones she's interested in is GW so that would be neat if she and her boyfriend were around here for a while. We tried to convince her to come visit soon. Other than that not too much going on. Work is work, things have continued to be bad center-wide but things are going smoothly in my classrooms. Our preschool-age lead teacher has been very sick and in and out of the hospital, and there's some question as to whether she'll be back at all, leading me to wonder if I might want to move into that age-group, an age I've been really wanting to work with but I think moving to the group would take away some of the leadership opportunities that I have with two classrooms and six staff to supervise (the preschool room would be only one room, with one staff member to supervise). It's not even an option yet so I don't need to be worrying about it, but I've just been thinking about it and wondering what the right move would be. We'll see I suppose. Outside of work nothing really new. Been kind of looking at apartments, thinking about moving, but I can't really afford to live by myself which is what I think I'd like to do, and I'd love to live at Pentagon City but rents there are outrageous and I DEFINITELY couldn't live there by myself. Maybe after grad school I'll be able to think about spending more on rent. Or who knows maybe I'll move somewhere rent isn't so outrageous (like TN!?) Hehe. So that's about it. Right now I'm sitting on my couch awaiting the big snow storm they say is coming. It snowed a couple inches on Wednesday and they were forcasting a lot for today, but now it looks like they're toning down the predictions to about 3-6 inches or so. I was supposed to babysit tonight but the cancelled because of the weather so now I'm just planning on bundling up in my pjs and blanket and watching tv and relaxing. Love to you all and keep us updated on how and what you're doing!
Love,
Paige

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2005 at 11:15 PM, Blogger dara said...

Hope you're staying warm in all that snow....brrr. Good luck on your application, I'm sure they'll take you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home