Sunday, March 27, 2005

Catch up time.

Hello All!!

I've just read all of the updates-- congrats to Paige, wow! to Dara and Steve in many respects--looks like the trip to London was way cool! and my, oh, my about Garrett---you know, sometimes you just have to let the eaglets try to fly on their own, don't ya? We had dinner tonight with Papa Dick and he updated us on Garr's situation when we began to talk about how smitten Brent seems to be with his girlfriend, Megan. Luckily for most involved, she lives on the floor above him!

Randy and Brent and I just got back from Las Vegas yesterday. Brent and Rand played rounds and rounds of golf--I visited with my aunt and cousins that have lived out there for 40 years--I last saw them in 1991. It is truly a very different world in which they live. Randy didn't gamble a dime, I played 1 and 3 a.m. Bingo with my aunt and cousin and came away with $250---my cousin won $1000 and they have a rule for good luck that you split all winnings among those playing---I like that rule~!~

Kate spent the week on her senior cruise--at this moment she is stuck in Miami--storms in Atlanta. Sounds like she had a great time. She has committed to Maryville College for next year. We found out two weeks ago that she was awarded the Presidential Scholarship --a full ride!! (Yea!! say her parents!) She has also committed to play soccer--MC is a NCAA Div. III school, so there is no scholarship $--but thanks to the Presidential--it didn't matter. You can check her out at www.maryvillecollege.edu then go to "Athletics", then to "Women's soccer", then to "news".

Randy's birthday is tomorrow.....Tori,don't you have a big one coming up????!!!! We'll celebrate quietly.....and gently.

No real news from me.....I have the opportunity to teach again at the high school level next year. I'm having mixed thoughts---I really, really like the people I work with and the Upper SChool folks at Webb are known to be a bit snobbish. I'm too old to deal with snobs. But I do miss having semi-intelligent discussions about literature and polishing writing and dealing with content in essays rather than teaching the writing process. We'll see.

OOPs, Kater is calling. Perhaps she is on her way home!!!!

Talk to you all soon. Take care,
CYN

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2005 at 10:16 PM, Blogger dara said...

Congrats to Kate and parents. Thanks for the update Cyndi, gotta keep us updated for the old man. lol

 
At March 29, 2005 at 8:16 PM, Blogger Paige said...

I have so much respect for the ability to work with middle and high schoolers...they're so much more fun (and lovable) when they're tiny! Good luck making your decision--I'm sure it'll be great no matter what!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home