Friday, March 11, 2005

I'm in!

Just got home from work and checked the mail and there was a letter from Bankstreet offering me a spot in the Early Childhood Leadership program leading to a masters of science and new york state certification!

:) Time to celebrate! Happy Weekend!!

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2005 at 8:51 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Hey Paige. That is great. I looked it up online, and it looks like a program where you're there in NY for summers and working in between. Is that the plan? How does it work?

 
At March 11, 2005 at 11:53 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Yep, that's pretty much how it works. I take classes in NYC for the month of july three summers in a row and the two years in between I'm at work, and I have an advisor who might assign some field assignments, and after the three summers, I have my degree. It's kind of a neat program because the first two summers you learn about general leadership (some classes include child development, writing/researching grants, fiscal management) and the third summer you intern in a public policy position and get to learn about that as well. I think it will serve me well for whatever my future brings--my own center, a resource center, or something policy related. I plan to stay at my current job for the duration of the program because it allows me a better leadership role than I would get at most other centers, overseeing two classrooms and supervising 6 staff members.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home