Is this thing on?
Well it's been quite some time since anyone has posted to this thing, but I figured I'd try to get the ball rolling again and encourage everyone to update with an update of my own. June is approaching very quickly, which means July is almost here and it's almost time for me to go to NYC to start my classes. I'm very excited about going, but also a little nervous. I know it's going to go by really fast and be quite overwhelming but I'm hoping to have some fun while I'm there too! I registered for classes and my schedule looks all right--no classes on Fridays!--but my Tuesdays are horrible: class from 9-1, 2-5, and 5:30-9. Let's hope some of that is interactive and it's not almost 12 straight hours of lectures. I guess worse comes to worse there's only 4 Tuesdays in the month. Other than that not too much is going on. We have our new director at work and things seem to be getting a little bit better, although things still go up and down pretty regularly. I had a really bad week a couple weeks ago but things have been better since. Was everyone worried when we were evacuated because of the plane in restricted airspace? It was a panicky few minutes but luckily with a happy ending, and we did a good job getting all the kids out and safe, and learned what we need to work on. Oh some news, I've stopped all my weeknight babysitting in preparation for a rowing program I start next week. It's Mon-Thur 6:30-8pm with no attendence requirements except for going out for drinks after the Thursday practice! :) It's an intermediate, non-competitive program with races and erg tests optional. I'm really excited to get back on the water again, and hopefully get back in shape. Also crossing my fingers that my back stays healthy! I am planning on running to practice from work every day, so I just bought some new running shoes and a small backpack for that. My mom has also been busy running and is getting ready to run her first 5K at the Race for the Cure next weekend. Things at my church job are going well, we're working on summer scheduling. I have no big plans this weekend other than the church, some babysitting, and some chores.
I'd love to hear how everyone is doing--especially those enjoying summer vacations so I can live vicariously through you and remember a time when I had that luxury! Congratulations to all our graduates! I'm going to Sarah's graduation in a couple weeks!
Love to you all,
Paige

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home