Rowing and lifeline...
So today was my first day back on the water in over 4 years! It was really great to get back in a boat and row again. They say it's like riding a bike (although that analogy has always worried me a bit because while I did ride bikes when I was younger the last time I went I was horrible and didn't seem to pick it right back up the way I was supposed to) but with rowing I did get right back into the swing of things. I only got to row the first half of practice before being switched out to give someone else a chance in the boat, and all we did were some drills, but it was really good. I ran to practice from work (okay, did a little bit of running and a little walking--but soon I hope to start running the whole way). It's a little over two miles and I'm hoping the running and rowing combo will whip me right back into shape! I have been trying to be careful of my back, though, and have been doing my night and morning back exercises that the doctor told me I would have to do for the rest of my life! The other big thing that happened today was I recieved my first pre-assignment from Bankstreet. It's from my class "Foundations of Educational Leadership: Adult Development" and includes a couple articles and an assignment to create a life-line including all the major events that have shaped my life--personally, organizationally, and historically. I'm a little nervous that my 20-some years will pale in comparison to the lives of my colleagues, but I'll give it my best! I'm excited to start working on it. Only a month till I leave for NYC!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home