Settling Back In...
Hello everyone. Sorry that I've been a little quiet lately, been trying to settle back into the whole working life again. I had a fantastic month in New York. I really enjoyed all of my classes, had fun with my classmates, got to do some exploring in New York, and actually didn't do so bad grade-wise :) There was a lot of reading and paper writing crammed into the month, but the classes were all very discussion oriented and I just had a great time learning from my professors and my classmates. I ended up spending some time in Brooklyn, went to Coney Island, went on a Water Tour of Manhattan, had dinners and brunches with friends, explored some different bars, and finally the last weekend I was there Dad and Jill and Sarah came to visit and we stayed in a hotel in midtown and went to see Wicked and Stomp and ate like kings! It was nice to have a/c again! Actually most of the month was pretty mild but we did have some horrific days stuck in there--including one where it was so hot our elevators broke down and I had to climb the 7 flights to my unairconditioned room! Since I've been back things have been pretty quiet. I went to crew last week but didn't go at all this week (hoping to get back into it again next week) and have been out with some friends here and there. I signed up to take an ASL review class from Fairfax County adult education and have signed up for some trainings in the area. I am also scheduled to present two workshops at a local conference in November and one at a national conference in December, and I'm thinking about submitting a proposal to present at a regional conference in Nashville in February (thought Dad would appreciate that). I have the week before labor day off but no big plans, think I'll just go to the doctor and do some cleaning and organizing around the house. Get some sleep. I just joined Netflix and have been enjoying my first picks--the Scrubs first season. Not too much else going on around here. Hope all is well with all of you.
Lots of love,
Paige

1 Comments:
Rob, Steve, Kyla and I just saw Wicked here in SF. Kyla and I had seen in on Broadway with the original cast and loved it but we found that the show here was just as good!
Post a Comment
<< Home