Thanks for the adventures, Ms. L'Engle
When I read that one of my all time favorite authors, Madeleine L'Engle had died I couldn't help but think of all the wonderful adventures she has taken me on. From the well known Wrinkle In Time series to her lesser known, but still as wonderful 'adult' books, I have enjoyed the adventures, the visions, the imagination and the joy. Truly a kindred spirit. I was just looking in the bookstore to see if she had a new book out last month.

3 Comments:
I was getting grief for not commenting ;) and said that I had little to say because I hadn't read many of Madeleine L'Engle's books... but now I'm thinking, no harm in starting now :)
You never have to comment but if you are thinking of reading her stuff I would recommend the books about the Austins if you don't care for science fiction. =)
Ms. L'Engle is my all time favorite author - her absolute best is "The Other Side of the Sun" set in one of the Carolinas. I jumped when I read it - you'll know when if you read it. I have a copy of all the books I could find. (still looking for a couple) including her science and religion "journals"). I was really depressed when I saw her obituary but felt selfish as I was mainly depressed that there wouldn't be any more of her books!
Post a Comment
<< Home