Thursday, September 01, 2005

College Senior

I just returned from helping Kyla move into her dorm at Yale. She will be a senior this year and I just can't believe it. Although it is her 4th year there, it is actually the first year I have had the pleasure of helping her move in. Buying posters and Ikea bookshelfs (not too many cinder block and board set ups at Yale), such fun. She has a single bedroom attached to a common room(living room) that she shares with 5 other girls. Being a old hand at everything Kyla gave all the terrified freshmen she met pep talks and advice. Such an experienced veteran.
As I walked around campus and looked at all the kids, so young and fresh and eager, I easily forgot that I was not one of them. It's was such a shock to see another parent/child group and realize I am the equal of the old fogie and not the coed. The grandkids are all leaving the nests and finding their way. That I don't mind, it's the fact that I have to get older too. How many of us ever thanked Mom for finding a way to pay for all of ours college educations? I was such an idiot not to have taken better advantage of it.

Fyi, commencement for Kyla is Sunday May 21st and Monday May 22nd. Feel free to mark your calendars. We had a blast at Paige's and would love to have anyone that can make it. Hey, Paige feel free to come with your Mom!







The Beatty Bunch

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2005 at 8:53 PM, Blogger Tori said...

Wait a minute graduation is this year??? I'm trying to convince Josh he need to go look at colleges in Oregon and Alaska as 2 of the 3 states I've yet to visit. (I'm hoping he's ruled out N. Dakota!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home