Since I have a few moments spare time...
I thought I'd pop my head in again here since I'm enjoying a nice relaxing night in after my insane week here. I had two midterms this week (I can't believe I'm already having midterms before Stanford even starts), but both went well so that was a relief. I also had to spend my Thursday morning and afternoon in my lab because everything absolutely failed for my on Tuesday. It's a cool lab, Lab. in Nucleic Acids I, and each semester the prof gets a real research project from one of the Yale labs for us to participate in. This semester we're doing in situ hybridization of zebra fish ebryos (for those of you interested in that). The other classes I'm taking this semester are Biochemistry, General Physics (a.k.a. physics for dummies and those of us who are forced to be here), Primate Intelligence, and U.S. Military History 1775-1865. Biochem is pretty good and relatively interesting. Physics... well, is physics, and I probably should be taking a higher level of it, but I don't want to stress myself over it since I'm only taking it because it's required for bio majors. Primate Intelligence seems like it should be interesting, and the subject matter is, but the prof is really boring. I mean, chimps are clearly this guy's life passion, he even resembles one, but somehow he still manages to be boring, not sure how that works. And, as my mom mentioned, I'm loving U.S. Military History, who would have thought? The prof is just amazing, and it looks to be a pretty easy class (esp. given the number of jocks in it!)
Wednesday night I went to a wake for the daughter of our barn manager which was not the most uplifting team activity, but other than that polo is good. We don't have all of our ponies back yet so all the advanced riders are having to ride the "crazies" which makes life a little interesting. Luckily I'm not one of the best riders so I only have to ride the mildly crazy ones, which includes one of my favorites, Aphrodite! (aww, I love my ponies) But no worries, I'm pretty much as whole as usual (unlike Kate it sounds), except for my seemingly perpetually split knuckle (not sure how that happens). Our first game is this Sunday at UConn. They're one of our biggest rivals and we're dying to crush them this year, but that might not happen this go around considering how little time we've had to practice since coming back. I don't have a full schedule for the year yet, but I have been told that we will be traveling down the UVa for a game later on if anyone in that neck of the woods is interested.
I'm actually trying to get an intership with the FBI for next summer so I might be in DC then if everything goes well. This summer I had an amazing time at home. I was working in a maize genetics lab at Stanford and basically had a ball being a lab flunkie (okay, I wasn't quite a flunkie, they actually gave me my own project to do). I also played polo with the Stanford team again (I think I qualify as fully addicted to polo now in case anyone hasn't notice). Mom and Dad also took me to see Yosemite for a weekend since I couldn't remember going as a small child. That was just amazingly beautiful. The whole family went to Hawaii again and one of my roommates, Lauren, also got to join us. We all had a blast surfing, snorkling, shopping, relaxing and eating tons. Between Hawaii, working out in the corn fields and polo, I actually got some color and more freckles than I've ever had before! (Gone now, unfortunately... damn New Haven weather)
Anyways, that's pretty much the more extended scoop on my life these days. It's so awesome to hear from everyone though, I'd really love to hear from Kate and Brent (hint, hint), but yay to Paige for setting this up, you're amazing!

6 Comments:
Hmmmm, interesting. No mention of a certain young man from the same Stanford lab. Can't believe your brother is going to let himself be the only one to be teased about their love life.
I'm so excited about the possibility of having you in DC for the summer!
I don't know what you're talking about Mother :P
ooh me too!
The UVa game is scheduled for Oct 29th!!! Should be that evening and then our boys are playing down there the next day as well. I hope you both can come, I'd love to see you guys!
What time is the game on the 29th?
Post a Comment
<< Home